Business Advice is a free service to businesses within the Murraylands and Riverland. The role of the Business Development Manager is to provide a diverse range of information, advice, mentoring and support services to micro, small and medium business clients. Advice from the Business Development Manager is designed to improve business management systems, processes, skills and decisions of businesses within the region.
Key client groups are business start-ups, existing businesses and businesses looking for growth to meet new local and export market opportunities.
Services are provided over the telephone, and face to face RDA in Murray Bridge and Berri's office premises and on site across the region. The Business Development Manager also works with regional businesses and business associations and other stakeholders to provide information and skilling activities for regional small businesses.
The Business Development Manager provides advice for:
• business planning
• human resources management
• industrial relations management
• financial management
• costings management
• operations management
• business systemisation
• exporting strategies
• access to exporting programs
• intellectual property management
• business licencing requirements
Business Development Manager will work with industry groups to:
- facilitate the growth of regional industries by working with various industry associations;
- collaborate with other interested parties to design and implement regional marketing initiatives;
- attract potential investors into the region; and
- assist in the planning for infrastructure developments within the region.
The Business Development Manager provides:
- requent workshops and seminars within both regions, on a variety of business related topics;
- information packages on starting in business;
- dvd information packages for starting your own business;
- information documents on a range of business related activities and issues;
- a mentoring service for business operators;
- assistance for businesses looking to access government services, grant funds and loan funds;
- promote and overseeing the delivery of regional awards programs