Tourism to the Murray River, Lakes & Coorong is predicted to grow 40% over the next 10 years (to Dec 2020), with the opportunity to increase growth by 68%, by focusing on the strategies and actions in our first 4 years, as outlined within the Plan.
This vision will be achieved by focusing on the following priorities from the South Australian Tourism Plan 2009 – 2014, which will create a significant difference in the growth of the Murray River, Lakes & Coorong tourism industry:
- Improve access to and within the region
- Enhance distribution and build industry capability
- Leverage the attraction of events and festivals
- Develop new and refreshed signature experiences
- Encourage infrastructure development by upgrading and developing special places and spaces
- Better communicate the best of what the core target market wants to buy